The General Assembly of the Route Network of Emperor Charles V, meeting for two days in Finsterwalde (Germany), has approved its new Board of Directors, as well as the calendar of activities for 2020 and other initiatives, with the aim of increasing its weight as a vehicle for cultural, economic and social revitalization in the territories where said network is implemented.
The new board of directors, unanimously approved by the General Assembly, is consists of 16 members, and its presidency will be assumed by the European and Ibero-American Academy of Yuste in the person of Don Miguel Ángel Martín, coordinator of Affairs Europeans of that foundation; It has two vice-presidencies: Rosa Nicoletta Tomasone, from the L’Einaudi Cultural Center (Italy), and Fréderique Honoré, director of the Coudenberg Palace in Brussels (Belgium); a secretary, Fermín Encabo, mayor of Jarandilla de la Vera (Cáceres, Spain); and is completed with the participation of José María Hernández, mayor of Cuacos de Yuste (Cáceres, Spain), as treasurer.
The complete composition of the new Board of Directors is as follows:
- Miguel Angel Martín Ramos. European and Iberoamerican Foundation of Yuste. (Spain).
- Rosa Nicoletta Tomassone. Centro Culturale Internazionale Luigi Einaudi. (Italy).
- Frédérique Honoré. Coudenberg Palace of Charles V in Brussels (Belgium).
- Fermín Encabo Acuña. City of Jarandilla de la Vera (Spain).
- Jose Mª Hernández García. City of Cuacos de Yuste (Spain).
- Alejandro Vega Riego. City of Villaviciosa (Spain).
- Fátima Reis. Portuguese Academy of History (Portugal).
- Roland Neumann. City of Mühlberg (Germany).
- Francisco Javier Martín Simón. Junta de Extremadura (Spain).
- Adolfo López Ramiro. City of Mojados (Spain).
- Marie Vicent. Monastery of Brou (France).
- Rachid Taferssiti. Al-Boughaz Foundation (Tanger).
- City of Panamá (Panamá).
- Estrella Torrecilla. Junta de Castilla y León - Fundación Siglo. (Spain).
- Rafael López Guzmán. University of Granada (Spain).