Near the town Mühlberg european history was written. In 1547 the united armies oft he Catholic League under Emperor Charles V and the troops oft he Schmalkaldic League, led by the Saxon Elector John Frederick, met.
This event was decisive for the course of Reformation andit represents the main object in the exhibition oft the museum, opened in April 2015. So the museum-owner of EU Cultural Heritage Seal- joins into the line of Reformation sites in Central Germany.
The visitors get to know why the Emperor Charles V reached here in Mühlberg the summit of his power and why in April the Spaniards swam through the river.
One should also take time for a walk through the medieval ‚doble town‘. Here is located, for example, the former Cisterian monastery. The convent with the imposing abbey, the abesses‘ house, the refectory,the gate house and the provostry is preserved as a historical ensemble of buildings.